PDA

View Full Version : Coconut Milk?

DawneW
09-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Has anyone used coconut milk in their cupcakes? Do you only use it if you are going for the coconut flavor or can it be used for other flavors? I baked some cupcakes yesterday using coconut milk for the first time. The cakes came out super moist and delicious. I'm wondering if this had something to do with the coconut milk or if it was just a good baking day.:smile:

Princess Cupcake
09-12-2011, 07:42 PM
I personally feel that the coconut flavor is mild enough to lend itself well to being combined with just about any other flavor successfully. I wouldn't worry on that score :) Your cupcakes probably turned out so well because of all the coconut oil in coconut milk; unfortunately, it's very high in saturated fat. How much more of that you want in your diet is up to you; for myself, I'd rather eat fewer/smaller cupcakes that tasted delicious than many that try to be health foods. :)

Lovely avatar, by the way ;) You have such good taste!

DawneW
09-14-2011, 04:03 PM
I think I will try using the coconut milk again and see what happens! I am not concerned about the fat content or health aspects. I mean, when you're eating a cupcake you're already indulging aren't you?
Besides, I've found that since I started baking cupcakes I am eating less sweets then I used to.