PDA

View Full Version : New to baking....please help

spoilkat
10-28-2011, 01:41 AM
Hello everyone,

I've recently discovered the joy and fun cupcake baking can be. My issues is time to learn everything I want and need to know. My son's first birthday party is next weekend. The theme is ball or "everything is round" party. I was going to do a round cake pan, but I saw these on line the other day and think they are much cuter, but I don't know how to accomplish this round look with in a cupcake. It looks like a cupcake to me because it has the cupcake wrapper at the bottom.

Any thoughts?

Thank you so much!

Princess Cupcake
10-28-2011, 04:05 AM
Maybe you should try cake pops instead? Basically you take cake scraps, reduce them to crumbs, mix with frosting and shape into balls, then stick them on a lollipop stick and dip in a chocolate or candy coating. Sure to be a hit :)

Sugarmuffin
01-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Sounds like a great idea

Heart Cupcakes
01-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Those are cakepops minus the stick in your picture! :) They are aborible, to accomplish these use reese's peanut butter cups as the bottom of the "cupcake". Make cakepops as mentioned stick the ball of cake crumbs mixed with frosting on the "bottoms" (reese's cup) instead of a stick use melted chocolate to stick them together and decorate. Wilton sells chocolate melts I'm sure you've seen them before you can find a variaty of colors at Micheles or Walmart :D Hope this helps good luck! And Happy Birthday to your Son!