Cupcake Forum

Old 02-19-2011, 06:12 AM
Taste Tester

Heart Hello

Hey there fellow cupcake lovers
I am quite excited that I found this site for advice and sharing! I love to cook and bake but recently I've begun to bake cupcakes from scratch which has proved to be a bit of a challenge and that is why I've been trying to bake more often in order to improve my very limited skills. I dream of learning to make amazing cupcakes so I may treat my future children to perfect cupcakes that I've whipped up when the need arises so they may enjoy a small package of sweet sweet cupcake love. In the mean time my family continues to try my creations (even the strange vegan treats) and seemingly (occasionally) enjoying them as well so maybe I am on the right track.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:34 PM

Default welcome to the forum!

Hope you get a lot out of the recipes and decorating ideas. I don't know if there are a lot of cupcake bakeries in your area (I live in NYC and there are plenty of 'em around here) but if you are attempting to make vegan cupcakes, it might be wel worth it to try some from a place that has successfully made 'em and ask about ingredients. They will usually tell someone they think is merely a curious civilian rather than a potential rival baker.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:50 PM
Batter Beater

You sound like a cupcake lover after my own heart! I used to always use mixes, too, but just recently starting teaching myself how to bake from scratch. It's a lot more fun, I think! Even though I'm still pretty terrible at it I'm interested in vegan desserts, too...I hope you post some recipes!

Leigh

Last edited by leighbakes; 02-25-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:02 AM
Taste Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura View Post
Hope you get a lot out of the recipes and decorating ideas. I don't know if there are a lot of cupcake bakeries in your area (I live in NYC and there are plenty of 'em around here) but if you are attempting to make vegan cupcakes, it might be wel worth it to try some from a place that has successfully made 'em and ask about ingredients. They will usually tell someone they think is merely a curious civilian rather than a potential rival baker.
I'm in the Los Angeles area so yes there are many bakeries even some with vegan options, like Sprinkles <3 I love their vegan red velvet!
Old 03-16-2011, 04:04 AM
Taste Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbakes View Post
You sound like a cupcake lover after my own heart! I used to always use mixes, too, but just recently starting teaching myself how to bake from scratch. It's a lot more fun, I think! Even though I'm still pretty terrible at it I'm interested in vegan desserts, too...I hope you post some recipes!

Leigh
I've been baking from a cookbook, Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. The recipes sound amazing but the amazingness has not yet translated onto my products.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:55 AM
Better Baker

hello dear friends i am john