Cupcake Forum

Go Back   Cupcake Forum > Cupcakes > Frosting Recipes

Old 02-19-2010, 03:30 AM

Default Pink marshmallow fluff icing

I saw the recipe for Pink Marshmallow Fluff icing in last Sunday's (2/7/10) NY Daily News, but the Daily News site didn't have it on line. Though I ended up putting mine on a full-sized Angel food Cake, the dead-tree version of the NY Daily News had it portrayed on cupcakes (in fancy papers, yet.). It was well-liked in my family in spite of the fact that it is a sugar and cholesterol fest: it takes 2 jars of marshmallow fluff and an entire pounf of unsalted butter. In order to have a copy to post here, I googled it, and found it and the pinkalicious cupcakes recipe on the blog Cooking With Cristine:

Quote:

Pink Marshmallow Fluff Icing

2 jars (7 oz each) marshmallow fluff

2 cups butter, room temp, each stick cut into 4 pieces

3 1/2 - 4 cups powdered sugar

1 tsp vanilla extract

Pinch of salt

Pink gel food coloring

Mix marshmallow fluff on medium speed and add butter one piece at a time. When butter is completely incorporated, add 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt. Add food coloring as you are beating. Taste the icing and if a sweeter taste or thicker consistency is needed, add in remaining sugar.

Use immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to use. All frosting to come to room temp before using. Do not overbeat the frosting after it comes to room temp, though, or it will not ice properly.